Terms & Conditions for the Loop Turn Down and Save Service
These Terms and Conditions apply to the Loop Turn Down and Save Service (the “Service’). By entering this Service, you agree to be bound by the following Terms and Conditions:
- The Service will be operated by Trust Power Limited (trading as Loop), a company registered in England and Wales with registered number 10144503 and registered office at Oxygen House, Grenadier Road, Exeter Business Park, Exeter, England, EX1 3LH (“Trust Power”, “we”, “us”) and our trusted partner / data processor.
- These terms and conditions, together with any specific rules set out in any communications relating to the Service, are the Service rules (“Rules”) and apply to this Service. By entering this Service, you are agreeing to be bound by these Rules and any other applicable instructions.
- Trust Power reserves the right to cancel or change the Service and/or the Rules without prior notice. Any changes will be posted on our website.
- In the event of any dispute regarding any aspect of the Service, the decision of Trust Power shall be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The Terms and Conditions for this service are separate from the terms and conditions for the Loop mobile app and websites and will not affect your rights and obligations under those terms.
- There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to take part in this Service. Entrants must be 18 or over. Only residents of Great Britain (excluding Northern Ireland) are eligible to sign up to Loop and take part in the Service.
- To be eligible for the Service, you must:
- be a user of the Trust Power app: Loop
- have consented to, and not remove your consent for, sharing your smart meter data with us and our partners. Your smart meter half-hourly data will be read by us and our partners on a daily basis until such time as you opt out of our Service, or the Service comes to an end
- have a working electricity smart meter which has been sending us smart meter data during the past 20 days with sufficient data to allow baselining of your usage in accordance with the methodology outlined in modification BSC P376
- opt-into the Service by accepting these Terms and Conditions
- comply with these Terms and Conditions at all times
- The Service will run from July to September 2023, but may be extended.
- We expect there to be 10 “Events” between July and September but reserve the right to vary that number . You can decide which Events to participate in. We will contact you by email in advance of each Event to confirm the date and time.
- For each event, your Baseline against which you are compared is the average of your usage at that time of day over the preceding 10 days.For example, if the event is called between 19.00 – 20.00 on Monday 14th August 2023, your baseline will be the average of your usage between 19.00 – 20.00 between Friday 4th August and Sunday 13th August.
- You will receive an entry to a £200 Prize Draw for each Event where you turn down your electricity consumption sufficiently, as measured by your smart meter and relative to your Baseline. If you take part in an event, you receive:
- 1 entry if you reduce your use compared to your baseline (see below) between 0% and 10%
- 2 entries if you reduce your use between 11% and 20%
- 3 entries if you reduce your use between 21% and 30%
- 4 entries if you reduce your use between 31% and 40%
- 5 entries if you reduce your use by over 40%
- The prize draw will be held within one week of each event with the winner notified by email.
- At the end of the scheme we will also hold an overall prize draw with a £2000 prize. You will receive one entry into this draw for each entry you receive into individual events. So the more energy you save during the events, the more entries you will get.
- The Service will be remunerated by Trust Power Limited and we will use data from your smart meter to calculate your individual demand reduction achieved during each event.
- The Prizes will be paid by bank transfer or by Paypal.
- Each participant will have their Baseline electricity consumption calculated for them by Trust Power. This calculation uses your smart meter data to generate a personalised Baseline electricity use for the period of the Event.
- If we can’t access your smart meter’s consumption data for an Event it will be calculated using an average across all participants in the Service.
- If we stop being able to retrieve your meter data or you move house, we reserve the right to remove you from the Service.
- If you are no longer eligible for the Service – see Clause 7 – we reserve the right to remove you from the Service.
- By entering the Service, you warrant that all information submitted by you is true, current and complete. If any information you submit is found to be fraudulent or incorrectly completed or if Trust Power has reasonable grounds to believe that you have breached any of the Rules, Trust Power reserves the right to disqualify you from the Service.
- Trust Power will not be liable to reimburse any expenses incurred with entering the Service.
- You can opt out of the Service at any point by emailing [email protected].
Data Protection and Publicity
- Trust Power in its sole discretion reserves the right to withdraw or vary the Rules and/or any offer made in connection with them in order to comply with the decision of any relevant judicial or regulatory body and shall not be held liable to any entrant for so doing.